- This event has passed.
9th ECCC European Continuous Casting Conference – ECCC 2017
June 26 - June 29| €650 - €1080
The 9th European Continuous Casting Conference focusses on new developments in the casting of steel and will continue the tradition of a successful series of events which took place in Florence (1991), Duesseldorf (1994 and 2011), Madrid (1998), Birmingham (2002), Nice (2005), Riccione (2008) and Graz (2014).
The ECCC is a unique forum for the European continuous casting community to exchange views on the status and future development of the continuous casting process. The conference program is abreast of the latest developments in control and automation, advanced continuous casting technologies and the continuing improvement of product quality. Steel metallurgical issues will be addressed as their physical and numerical simulation. The exchange of experience in operational practise, maintenance and first results from recently commissioned plants will complement the program. The conference aims to stimulate the communication among delegates with industrial and academic background and among participants in former conferences and new members of the continuous casting community.
Main topics of the conference
- Advanced technologies for the casting of slabs, blooms and billets
- Modernization and new implementations
- Operational practice and maintenance
- Measurement, automation and process control
- Safety and environmental aspects
- Ladle metallurgical innovations and steel cleannes
- Flow control, refractories and clogging
- Mold lubrication and heat transfer
- Product quality control: Surface quality and internal soundness
- Numerical simulation and modelling (solidification, metallurgy, fluid flow, benchmark experiments)
- Thin slab casting and direct rolling
- New developments in casting technologies
- Casting of stainless steels and special steel grades
- Postprocessing of semi-finished products (Scarfing, machining and heat treatment)